[LLVMdev] ISel Pattern Preferences

David Greene dag at cray.com
Mon Apr 6 11:31:48 PDT 2009

What's a reliable way to prefer one patterns over another?  I have two
patterns with different predicates.  Pattern A has a very general predicate
to catch a wide variety of store instructions.  Pattern B has a narrower
predicate meant to catch very specific store instructions that would also
satisfy the predicate for Pattern A.

We used to match Pattern B just fine but after changing .td files a bit the
selector is always picking Pattern A.

Setting AddedComplexity doesn't seem to help.

                                                -Dave