[LLVMdev] debug stoppoint nodes with -fast option

vasudev vasudev.negi at microchip.com
Sun Apr 5 23:54:09 PDT 2009

 I need to generate line number debug information for PIC16 target.
PIC16 does not support dwarf format. It supports coff format. So I need
to custom handle the STOPPOINT nodes. Without -fast option the STOPPOINT
nodes are not created in dag because of the below check in
SelectionDAGBuild.cpp
     if (Fast)
        DAG.setRoot(DAG.getDbgStopPoint(getRoot(),
 If I give -fast option then the Fast flag is true, but the dag doesn't
contain STOPPOINT nodes. If  I have simple loads and stores in source
code, the dag doesn't contain them too. Why are these nodes not being
created?

Thanks
Vasudev