[LLVMdev] [JIT] JIT trace tree works

Kasra kasra_n500 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 1 14:23:06 PDT 2009

On Mar 29, 2009, at 5:31 PM, Evan Cheng wrote:

> On Mar 29, 2009, at 9:48 AM, Kasra wrote:
>

>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I was looking arround Firefox 3.1 js JIT (TraceMonkey), it made me
>> wonder if there is anyone working on a trace-tree technique for
>> optimising the runtime over head of LLVM JIT??
>>

>LLVM directly supports this sort of thing, what is it that you need?
>Just compile one trace tree to one LLVM function.

>-Chris

How does it provide tracing?
My goal it to make the JIT faster at runtime. By tracing I meant, optional
optimisation based on the execution of the software.

For example if a node within the execution tree is rarely used when it is
invoked JIT will do little optimisations and for parts that is used
frequently multiple optimisations occurs.

-- Kasra