[LLVMdev] Type Legalizer Question.

Sanjiv.Gupta at microchip.com Sanjiv.Gupta at microchip.com
Tue Sep 30 20:10:45 PDT 2008

> On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 9:48 AM,  <Sanjiv.Gupta at microchip.com> wrote:
> > All the sub methods called inside ExpandIntegerOperand like
> ExpandInOp_STORE
> > etc have access to the expanded operands map.
> >
> > Why they aren't passed to target LowerOperation? A target may also
want
> > use the already expanded Lo and Hi parts.
>
> You don't really need access to the map; just use build an
> EXTRACT_ELEMENT node, and legalize will take care of the mapping for
> you.
>
> -Eli

Thanks.
I have another query related to type legalizer.
Can a target ignore certain nodes during legalize? Probably a hook for
target that can be called inside IgnoreNodeResults ()?

We want to keep certain nodes illegal, especially the pointer nodes.
Our target has 16-bit pointer and a few 16-bit insns to perform
arithmetic.
Rest of the stuff is 8-bit so we want to use legalizer to expand them.

- Sanjiv