[LLVMdev] LoopInfo getTripCount modification proposal

Nadav nadav256 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 11:44:43 PDT 2008

Hi,

I am trying to modify a loop by reducing the loop trip count from N to N-1
where N may be constant. I looked into using getTripCount[1] but discovered
that this method returns a Value* which is N itself. This prevents me from
using this method for changing the loop. I suggest creating another method
for returning the 'cmp' instruction. The new getTripCount implementation
will use the new method. Do y'all think that it's a good idea and accept a
patch ?

Nadav Rotem

[1] http://llvm.org/doxygen/LoopInfo_8h-source.html#l00394