[LLVMdev] Status of LLVM ARM port

Tyler Wilson TWilson at ugobe.com
Wed Sep 17 15:00:59 PDT 2008

Good day,

I have looked around for this information, but I have not been able to
gain a clear understanding: what is the status of the LLVM ARM backend?
That is, do the following work:

1.       Generating Thumb code: I saw a video online where they describe
an issue with using the ARM Thumb back-end
2.       Generating code for ARM9 (ARMv5?) or ARM7 (ARMv4): again, the
same presentation mentioned that it only generated ARMv6 or 7. Does the
back end work on older ARM processors today?

I have seen the notes on the Apple provided bits to the project, but
those were form early-mid 2007, and I have not seen a clear declaration
on what is marked as working or not.

Thank you,
Tyler