[LLVMdev] LLVM bindings, scope of llvm-c

Mahadevan R mdevan.foobar at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 09:08:14 PDT 2008

> From: OvermindDL1 <overminddl1 at gmail.com>

> There could just as easily be language bindings between C++ and
> Python, he chose the C bindings probably just because they were
> easier, but they are most certainly not required.  I know that is the
> case in a few other scripting languages as well.

He ( I :-) ) chose llvm-c based on the thread starting here:

http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvmdev/2008-March/013318.html

The current llvm-c bindings are not sufficient for llvm-py, and it
"adds" more wrapper functions (intrinsics, passes etc):
http://code.google.com/p/llvm-py/source/browse/trunk/llvm/extra.h

Regards,
-Mahadevan.

PS: Please do raise bugs/requests for llvm-py at:
http://code.google.com/p/llvm-py/issues/list