[LLVMdev] Tail-calling

OvermindDL1 overminddl1 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 01:19:32 PDT 2008

> Tail calls are disabled by default; to enable them, you have to pass
> -tailcallopt to llc.  It looks like there's a bug preventing indirect
> tail calls from working... I don't think there's anything
> fundamentally preventing them from working, though.

I will not be using llc, it will all be through the C++ API.  I looked
through the code a bit, but could not see any real direct way to turn
on tall-calls, the only thing I could really find was a single global
(yes, a global... ugh...) that many things referenced, if I set that
then things should use tail-call versions of things.

What about this indirect bug, is anyone working on it?  I would try,
but I am quite certain I do not yet have the LLVM internals knowledge
to (or even where to look).