[LLVMdev] Intel asm

David Greene dag at cray.com
Thu Sep 4 16:29:12 PDT 2008

I found a few fragments of threads in the internet ether where llvm folks
talked about Intel vs. AT&T syntax.  Apparently the project ran into trouble
with name collisions when using Intel syntax (an example of a variable
named "dword" was cited).

I just tried dumping Intel syntax asm and assembling it with gas.  It
doesn't particularly like what llvm is putting out (comment delimeters are
wrong, etc.).

Is the Intel AsmPrinter meant to produce asm that is understood by gas or
is it only meant to satisfy NASM, etc.?

                                               -Dave