[LLVMdev] New llvm-gcc bootstrap failure

Andrew Lenharth andrewl at lenharth.org
Wed Sep 3 13:23:11 PDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 12:08 PM, John Regehr <regehr at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> I get the error below (and have for a couple weeks now) when trying to
> build llvm-gcc on Ubuntu Feisty.  In the meantime, on Ubuntu Gutsy,
> everything has been building fine.  Both are release builds for x86.

I've seen this error too with gcc version 4.1.2 20070626 (Red Hat 4.1.2-14).
I do not see it with gcc version 3.4.6 20060404 (Red Hat 3.4.6-9).

Also, if you use the Debug build (--enable-checking does not currently
select the LLVM debug build to link into llvm-gcc, so you have to set
this manually), I do not see the error, only the Release build.
valgrind seems clean on the Release build.

Andrew