[LLVMdev] polyhedron 2005 results for llvm svn

Devang Patel dpatel at apple.com
Fri Oct 31 09:52:55 PDT 2008

On Oct 31, 2008, at 6:51 AM, Jack Howarth wrote:

> Anton,
>   I didn't have to time to do fresh set of benchmarks for
> llvm-gfortran from 2.4 and current gcc trunk. I'll do that
> this weekend. However I suspect I'll see similar behavior
> as before. Compared to FSF gcc 4.2, llvm-gfortran will show
> improvements but it won't be as impressive compared to
> gcc trunk. Is there a projected date for supporting the
> vectorization in llvm for the gcc 4.2 front-end?

Whenever LLVM vectorization supports vectorization it will be part of
llvm optimizer, which means it will be independent of llvm-gcc.
Meanwhile, it is a good idea to open bugzilla reports, @ llvm.org,
from polyhedron test cases where gcc's vectorization helps
significantly.

>            Jack
> ps I may go ahead an release a fink llvm-gcc42 package
> for 2.4 with the patch from llvm svn and disabling the
> warning flags in CC1_SPEC of darwin.h so that llvm-gfortran
> gets some usage.

I sent you a patch in separate email that may help gfortran. Try it
first.
-
Devang