[LLVMdev] Requiring a ModulePass to be run from a FunctionPass

Török Edwin edwintorok at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 10:56:04 PDT 2008

Hi,

I have a FunctionPass that requires a ModulePass using addRequiredById().
When I start opt it infloops somewhere in PMDataManager::findAnalysisPass.

Should I open a bug, or is this a known issue (i.e. I am doing something
wrong)? Is there a workaround?

My modulepass just assigns unique numbers to basicblocks  (like
StableBasicBlockNumbering, but unique per Module)
I could do that with a functionpass too, but they are not allowed to
retain state, right?

Best regards,
--Edwin