[LLVMdev] Error while creating ExecutionEngine

bhavani krishnan bhavani.krishnan at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 21:48:34 PDT 2008

Hi,

I am completely new to llvm. I am trying to build an optimization pass. I
need to interpret some instructions in the pass. To begin with, I used the
exact same code as HowtoUseJIT example. It compiles fine. While executing I
get the following error at the point where th executionengine is created.
opt: symbol lookup error: ../../../Release/lib/Try.so: undefined symbol:
_ZN4llvm15ExecutionEngine6createEPNS_14ModuleProviderEbPSs

I tried looking in the archives but could not find any similar problem.
Please let me know what I am doing wrong. Please let me know if it is
possible to create an object of executionengine in the optimization pass?

Thanks,
bhavani