[LLVMdev] Header files on VC project (was: Growing up CMake)

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Sat Oct 25 21:09:31 PDT 2008

Argiris Kirtzidis <akyrtzi at gmail.com> writes:

> Óscar Fuentes wrote:
>> All the headers in include/llvm? Or just those local to each library?
>>

> All the headers. It's a pain to manually update the project files but it
> will be a bigger pain trying to use them without the include files..
> included.

There are almost 300 headers under include/llvm. I can put them all on
*each* project, plus local headers. This seems a lot of baggage.

I've checked that Intellisense can jump to an unlisted header file when
you ask for a declaration on a cpp file. So, what's the benefit of
having the header files explicitly listed in the solution? If it is for
text searching, maybe putting them on just one project (Hello.lib, for
instance) would be enough?

(I use the MSVC++ IDE on rare occassions for debugging, and never for
building nor text edition, so I'm not aware of the needs and
expectations you have)

--
Oscar