[LLVMdev] Regarding Error on Mac OSX

Ketan Pundlik Umare kumare3 at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Oct 22 14:35:48 PDT 2008

Hello guys,

I get the following error whenever i try to check if the following pass exists. I am using Mac OSX leopard and gcc4

opt -load ../Release/lib/LLVMHello.dylib -hello
Error opening '../Release/lib/LLVMHello.dylib': dlopen(../Release/lib/LLVMHello.dylib, 1): Symbol not found: __ZN4llvm12FunctionPass11runOnModuleERNS_6ModuleE
  Referenced from: /ketan/dcm-project/llvm-2.3/Release/lib/LLVMHello.dylib
  Expected in: flat namespace

  -load request ignored.
opt: Unknown command line argument '-hello'.  Try: 'opt --help'

Can you please help me and guide as to how i can resolve this issue.

Thank you
Ketan