[LLVMdev] merging globals

danchr at gmail.com danchr at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 11:18:34 PDT 2008

On 17/10/2008, Chris Lattner <clattner at apple.com> wrote:
> Please no flag.  If we want to fix this problem, lets do it right.  To
> me this consists of some flag on GlobalVariable that says that it is
> 'mergable' or something like that.

Wouldn't it be slightly cleaner to mark the distinct objects in the
LLVM intermediate representation? This would make the default case the
one resulting in best code, and seems to me to follow the principle of
structural equivalence of types (and values) used elsewhere.

--
Dan Villiom Podlaski Christiansen, stud.scient.
danchr at daimi.au.dk, danchr at gmail.com