[LLVMdev] Help needed with Hello World Pass

Shweta Jain shweta.jain28 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 16:01:24 PDT 2008

I have just started using llvn and I am running in the following error when
trying to run Hello World Pass in the llvm documentation.
opt: /usr/local/llvm/src/lib/VMCore/Pass.cpp:158: void
<unnamed>::PassRegistrar::RegisterPass(llvm::PassInfo&): Assertion `Inserted
&& "Pass
registered multiple times!"' failed.

 The problem gets resolved if the Hello.so library is not created, but then
the pass doesnt get registered and its losing out the whole point. I came
across a solution posted under the same error message which stated that
anything linked from LLVm to Hello.so can cause this problem. I quite didn't
understand what it meant.
Please let me know what I can do?

Thanks in advance
SHWETA