[LLVMdev] CFG modifcations and code gen

Villmow, Micah Micah.Villmow at amd.com
Tue Oct 14 10:59:09 PDT 2008

Chris,

 I took a look at AnalyzeBranch and I don't see how it can solve my
problem. The issue itself isn't with branching, as I can handle branches
fairly well in my custom pass(see the before and after dot files
attached). I can take a bunch of branches and construct high level
control flow for my backend since I have no ability to do goto/jump,
only whileloop and ifs. So analyzing the branch's isn't the problem. The
problem comes with emit'ing the code. Even though I've renumbered the
blocks and re-ordered the CFG into a more sane control flow. The code
emitter still processes the blocks in the old order. So instead of going
from 0-5, it prints out the instructions in the order, 0, 1, 2, 5, 3, 4.
This is the order that the old CFG is in, not the new one after this
pass is done.

I've added this analysis pass as a PreEmitPass, is this the correct
location to implement this? Or should I be implementing it earlier?
Later?

Thanks for any advice,