[LLVMdev] Error while making new pass

kapil anand kapilanand2 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 10:19:11 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I need a new kind of analysis on LLVM Module, so I made a new pass to do
this. This new pass extends the ModulePass class and follows the conventions
used in GlobalModRefPass, which is also a Module Pass.I need the CallGraph
analysis for this pass, hence I have added (addRequired(CallGraph)) in
getAnalysisUsage function of this new pass. I also added it to CallGraph
Analysis group through "RegisterAnalysisGroup"

This new pass is not part of any LLVM library  and is not present in LLVM
source tree . Rather it is part of my own project tree. I included required
header files and specified the required library in the linker. It compiles
and links fine but when I reach at getAnalysis function to get CallGraph
analysis, it gives me following runtime error

Assertion  "resover && pass has not been inserted into a Pass Manager
Object" failed.

What other steps do I need to follow to get rid of this error.

Thanks

--Kapil