[LLVMdev] Compliation broken

Haohui Mai haohui.mai at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 15:16:45 PDT 2008

Hi all,

The current repository (revision 56968.) does not compile on my Linux
box (with GCC 3.4.6):

X86TargetAsmInfo.cpp:41: error: duplicate explicit instantiation of
`bool
llvm::X86TargetAsmInfo<BaseTAI>::ExpandInlineAsm(llvm::CallInst*)
const [with BaseTAI = llvm::TargetAsmInfo]'
X86TargetAsmInfo.cpp:43: error: duplicate explicit instantiation of
`bool llvm::X86TargetAsmInfo<BaseTAI>::LowerToBSwap(llvm::CallInst*)
const [with BaseTAI = llvm::TargetAsmInfo]'

I'm not seeing this issue on my Macbook with GCC 4.0.1.

And it seems that there is a file missing at llvm/tools/llvmc2/
plugins. The Makefile  in llvm/tools/llvmc2/plugins/Base says:

LLVMC_PLUGIN = Base

include ../Makefile.common

In which ../Makefile.common is missing.

I'd be very appreciated if somebody could fix these issues.

Thank you very much!

Best,

Haohui