[LLVMdev] VMKit broken on trunk

John Criswell criswell at cs.uiuc.edu
Thu Oct 2 08:06:02 PDT 2008

Seo Sanghyeon wrote:
> With trunk(r56943), I get:
>
> make[3]: Entering directory `/home/tinuviel/llvm/vmkit/lib/JnJVM/VMCore'
> llvm[3]: Compiling JnjvmModule.cpp for Debug build
> JnjvmModule.cpp:11:38: error: llvm/ParameterAttributes.h: No such file
> or directory

This is due to some changes in the Function Attributes API that was done
recently in LLVM mainline.  I believe the new header file is
"llvm/Attributes.h" and several type names have changed.

If you're up for it, you can probably update the vmkit code yourself to
use the new API and submit a patch for it.  I made similar updates to
pool allocation; you can use the following commit diffs as a guide:

http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-commits/Week-of-Mon-20080922/067555.html
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-commits/Week-of-Mon-20080922/067645.html

-- John T.