[LLVMdev] Beginner's question concerning JIT

Carter Cheng carter_cheng at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 30 06:59:10 PST 2008

Hi,

I have been looking at the LLVM JIT system as a basis for a project I am working on and had a few beginner's questions which I was hoping someone might be able to answer and which I haven't yet been able to figure out reading the source code. If anyone could provide some help I would appreciate it.

1) How does one go about calling a precompiled function external to the JIT from a JIT created function assuming I have the address? I basically want to create my own dispatcher which I will use to dispatch calls based on the arguments passed.

2) I am assuming this function with return the address of the function in question back to the JIT. How does one go about invoking the (void*) pointer in the IR format?

Thanks in advance,

Carter.