[LLVMdev] AddReadAttrs vs. TargetMachine?

Nico listiges at arcor.de
Tue Nov 25 08:12:21 PST 2008

Hi,

I want to invoke the AddReadAttrs pass with my software backend
(derived from TargetMachine like CBackend).
CBackend uses addPassesToEmitWholeFile-method for invoking several
passes. I tried to use the same method, but it failed on runtime.
Running llc with my backend produces (mac os x 10.5 and llvm 2.4):

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found:
__ZN4llvm22createAddReadAttrsPassEv
   Referenced from: /myproject/build/Release/lib/mybackend.dylib
   Expected in: flat namespace

dyld: Symbol not found: __ZN4llvm22createAddReadAttrsPassEv
   Referenced from: /myproject/build/Release/lib/mybackend.dylib
   Expected in: flat namespace

Is it even possible to invoke such a pass from a backend?
Or is it only possible to run opt -addreadattrs first with bitcode-
file and then llc ?

Thanks,
Nico