[LLVMdev] quantitative comparison of correctness of llvm-gcc 2.x versions

John Regehr regehr at cs.utah.edu
Tue Nov 18 12:25:05 PST 2008

Please link to the graphs if that seems appropriate-- I will leave them
there and hopefully also update them as new versions of LLVM come out.
It would be great if these graphs can serve as an advertisement for LLVM
as well as an advertisement for my work.  I hope to create analogous
graphs for gcc 4.x sometime, and also to stress-test the x64 ports of both
compiler families.

There is a large amount of work remaining in our program generator, which
at present does not even output structs or pointers.  The goal is for it
to emit the full range of constructs found in normal C programming
practice without compromising on the "almost strictly conforming" thing.

John Regehr