[LLVMdev] OpenBSD Build Failure - 2.4 release

Edd Barrett vext01 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 02:25:22 PST 2008

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 8:32 AM, Edd Barrett <vext01 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 11:19 PM, Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin.org> wrote:
>> 3.3 has been unsupported since late 2005 ....
>
> Its still the default compiler for OpenBSD, although 4.x is available
> as a third party package. I will try this.

Build works with gcc-4.2. Some regression tests fail:

# of expected passes            2769
# of unexpected failures        28
# of expected failures          6

10 of which are grep != ggrep errors. I could see grep complaining
during testing, so I backup up real grep and symlinked grep to a third
party installed ggrep:

# of expected passes            2779
# of unexpected failures        18
# of expected failures          6

These tests are probably failing on the other BSDs and Solaris too?

Now I wish to look at why the other tests fail. Do the tests put some
logs somewhere? Looking into the Makefile i see that clean removes
directories called 'Output', but there are no directories named as
such.

Thanks

--

Best Regards