[LLVMdev] Question about SPARC target status

Peter Shugalev peter at shugalev.com
Mon Nov 10 08:09:05 PST 2008

Hello,

I've noticed SPARC target lacks some of functionality (only asm printer
is implemented with no binary code emitter and no 64-bit ABI support).

Are there any (probably uncommited) advances in these areas? The most
needed feature for me is sparc64 support. If I decide to implement these
ones by myself what are the problems/guidelines/whatever? Why hasn't
this been done before? I mean is it some technical problem or just lack
of time?

--
Best Regards
Peter Shugalev