[LLVMdev] MSIL and MIPS backend for LLVM

Jon Harrop jon at ffconsultancy.com
Wed Nov 5 16:00:48 PST 2008

On Wednesday 05 November 2008 22:20:29 Eduardo Augusto Peixoto da Silva Brito
wrote:
> Both backends are important but I find it more important the MSIL backend,
> for now. It's a shame that nobody is picking up the MSIL backend; it would
> be useful another backend that is machine-independent and that has support
> for several tools.

Yes, an MSIL backend would be a useful stopgap for people developing
high-level languages, allowing them to create a correct LLVM-based compiler
for their language before implementing their own GC.

http://www.ffconsultancy.com/?e