[LLVMdev] Possibly Vista-related Windows/MinGW Compilation Issues

Jonathan Turner probata at hotmail.com
Fri May 30 07:59:09 PDT 2008

I'm not sure exactly what I did differently this morning, but things seem to be working.  In case anyone else has similar problems, here's what worked for me:

* Install mingw from exe (just the g++ compiler)
* Install msys from exe
* Install msysDTK from exe
* Copy the contents of the bison tarball to your c:\msys\1.0 (or wherever you installed it)
* Repeat the last step for the flex, regex, and bash tarballs (it may ask to copy over files, which I let it do)

I did at one point also installed strawberry perl after reading your hint about perl being involed, but then uninstalled it.  Not sure if that had an effect.

Jonathan