[LLVMdev] notes on llvmc2

Anton Korobeynikov asl at math.spbu.ru
Fri May 30 03:26:03 PDT 2008

Hello, Holger

> Being fully aware that llvmc2 is work-in-progress, here are some notes
nethertheless:
First of all - Mikhael (the main author) sometimes cannot catch the
mailing list directly, so please, CC him also (foldr at codedgers.com)

I'll try to answer some questions and Mikhael will try to resolve others.

> * why using /tmp at all?
Same does gcc, we don't have pipe option yet.

>  And if, why /tmp/llvm_* and not /tmp/llvmc2_* ?
Well, llvm_ - because we're using general LLVM routines for generation
of temp filenames, which use "llvm" prefix.

> All of this is based on LLVM SVN 51761.
What is your platform?

--
WBR, Anton Korobeynikov