[LLVMdev] DejaGnu test-suite coverage

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at gmail.com
Mon May 26 21:05:21 PDT 2008

Hello,

After a fun discussion regarding unit testing and coverage metrics, it came
up that we don't have coverage analysis for LLVM proper. With a certain
amount of experience in this arena, I set about building a nice overview. I
don't have the toolset and commands fully integrated into the build system,
and I'm not sure if doing so would be appropriate (its a somewhat fragile
and annoying process, and would interfere with normal development/testing
cycles), but I have a snapshot of the coverage posted online here:

http://chandlerc.net/llvm-coverage/

Please feel free to dig around, ask questions, etc. Also, I can very quickly
re-calculate coverage if people would like to push up tests. I'll be happy
to regenerate the coverage on request, it only takes an hour or so, and
isn't a lot of actual work.

Hope you enjoy and we can spot a few notably suspect areas with this
information.
-Chandler

PS: Yes, Clang is on the list for this, but I need to get a bit more viable
setup for it running, and I also want to see if it will fit easily within
any build infrastructure.