[LLVMdev] Using the test suite to benchmark patches

Devang Patel dpatel at apple.com
Wed May 21 16:22:26 PDT 2008

Matthijs,

On May 21, 2008, at 1:43 PM, Chris Lattner wrote:

> We don't have a great way of diffing performance runs, other than the
> nightly tester.  Devang has an experimental "opt-beta" mode that can
> be
> used for experimenting with optimization passes, and we have "llc-
> beta"
> which is great for measuring the impact of codegen changes.

opt-beta allows you to compare "opt -std-compile-opts" vs. "opt <your
sequence of optimization passes>"
For your use, you can have local command line option to trigger your
simplifycfg patch and then you can try
	ENABLE_OPTBETA=1 OPTBETAOPTIONS="-your-command-line-flag -std-compile-
opts"

Let me know, if you try this and run into issues.
-
Devang