[LLVMdev] 2.3 Pre-release available for testing

morten at hue.no morten at hue.no
Wed May 21 14:21:07 PDT 2008

>I just sent a reply to Razvan with 3 patches that I think should be merged
>into the release branch. I want to keep it somewhat in sync with mainline.
>Can you try applying those 3 patches and let me know if it builds for you
>and what version of MSVC you have?

It doesn't build.

first problem is patch 51098 that adds lib\VMCore\Use.cpp and lib\Transforms\Utils\UnrollLoop.cpp neither of which seem to exist in the release_23 branch

another problem is patch 51237 which among other things renames lib\Transforms\Scalar\SimplifyCFG.cpp
to lib\Transforms\Scalar\SimplifyCFGPass.cpp
however the removal of lib\Transforms\Ipo\SimplifyLibCalls.cpp is necessary, so it won't build without this patch either.

I didn't have to apply patch 51323 to get things to build -- but the patch seems correct and it builds OK with it applied

FYI I'm using Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition (not Express).

m.

PS. The proposed fix (by heisenbug) to the warnings from the operator new in User.h doesn't work at all.