[LLVMdev] VS build is broken again

Ted Kremenek kremenek at apple.com
Sun May 18 19:25:42 PDT 2008

Hi Dmitri,

I know what you are saying, but in the end I think we are lucky if
diffs against project files have any meaningful information.  Nobody
right now assumes responsibility for regularly updating the VS files,
so we routinely get patches from different people when they decide to
upgrade the project files, and these patches change the .sln files in
arbitrary ways.

If you have successfully modified the VC project files in both LLVM
and clang to (1) build with TOT and (2) work with VS 2005 then please
go ahead an email me the patches.  I will patch them immediately, and
if anyone has any problems with the patch they can be reverted.  I
think it is more important to get the build working again for everyone
on Windows.

BTW, please email me the patches in a zip file.  For some reason,
inlining of the patches within a email message can cause problems with
Apple's Mail program (weird CRLF issues, etc.).

Thanks!

Ted