[LLVMdev] VS build is broken again

Dmitri Makarov nebraskin at yahoo.com
Sat May 17 12:00:50 PDT 2008

SimplifyLibCalls.cpp is no longer part of Transforms\IPO and
Transforms\Scalar\SimplifyCFG.cpp is renamed to SimplifyCFG.cpp or
something to that effect ( I didn't look up the actual checkins ).
Having fixed that, I still can't get through the build:

Creating library C:\work\s\llvm\win32\\bin\Win32\Debug/opt.lib and
object C:\work\s\llvm\win32\\bin\Win32\Debug/opt.exp
1>opt.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "class
llvm::FunctionPass * __cdecl llvm::createLibCallAliasAnalysisPass(class
llvm::LibCallInfo *)"
(?createLibCallAliasAnalysisPass at llvm@@YAPAVFunctionPass at 1@PAVLibCallInfo at 1@@Z)
referenced in function "public: __thiscall `anonymous
namespace'::ForcePassLinking::ForcePassLinking(void)"
(??0ForcePassLinking@?A0xe41c907a@@QAE at XZ)
1>C:\work\s\llvm\win32\\bin\Win32\Debug/opt.exe : fatal error LNK1120:
1 unresolved externals

It'd be fine for me to use RELEASE_22 tag, but since cfe doesn't have a
matching tag, this doesn't quite work.  I tried checking out cfe of the
same date as RELEASE_22 tag and got errors of clang mismatching llvm
header files.

I realize that msvs build is not of high priority but whoever shuffles
the files around and changes the makefiles, at least have a decency to
do the matching changes in the msvs project files.