[LLVMdev] -loop-deletion commandline option inconsistent?

Tanya M. Lattner tonic at nondot.org
Wed May 14 10:08:30 PDT 2008

>> 2.3 has already branched and loop delete is not on by default. This can be
>> changed after.
> Doesn't that just mean that it's not part of std-compile-opts, and thus the
> only way to use it is the (inconsistent) -loop-deletion commandline option?

Correct.

> I'm just saying that it might be better not to change a commandline option
> between releases if it's not needed.
>
> I'll stop nagging now, this is your call after all :-)

I'll verify with Chris on this. Its obviously low risk, and I have 3
patches going into the next pre-release, so it may go in.

Traditionally, we try to keep the number of patches applied to the release
branch small and limited to regression fixes only. loop-deletion is really
a new feature, which is why I said it wasn't critical to go into 2.3.

Thanks,
-Tanya