[LLVMdev] Size and performance figures for LLVM?

Tanya M. Lattner tonic at nondot.org
Tue May 13 12:02:18 PDT 2008

>> See llvm.org/nightlytest Many testers run various benchmarks
>> and produces comparison numbers daily.

Just an FYI.. I've been working on the nightly tester a bit and you can
also view it here. Its much faster.:
http://llvm.org/nightlytest2/

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THIS IS NOT FINISHED AND I DO NOT CLAIM IT WORKS
100%! I plan on sending an announcement once its completed. Do not send me
bug reports or anything ;)

> Can I trust those numbers?  For example, right now I'm looking at
> http://llvm.org/nightlytest/machine.php?machine=230.
> "CVS checkout time" might be wrong, as LLVM is now in SVN.

Its svn time, but its just labled wrong.

> "Configure time CPU": is always 0, which must be a blantant
> lie :-)
> "Build time CPU" is usually higher than "Build time wall". Isn't
> wall=cpu+system, so do we have negative system times here?  I
> could be completely wrong, but this looks strange. However, for
> the Dejagnu test, it hold's that CPU time < wall time.

I believe that the cvs/svn and configure time are just in the wrong
columns. I noticed this when I was rewriting the scripts. So SVN cpu time
is 0.

-Tanya