[LLVMdev] patch for building llvm on Windows with MSVC 2008

Razvan Aciu admin at kam.ro
Tue May 13 05:34:33 PDT 2008

These are the updated .sln and .vcproj files for building llvm with MSVC
2008.
It turned out that the compiling errors were because these projects wasn't
updated to reflect the actual status of the llvm files.
I checked all the files (removed, moved or added) and now they are ok.
It compiles all targets from the first "Build Solution", both for Debug and
for Release mode. You need the latest release_23 files. I also added a
compiling.txt with some notes.
The .sln and .vcproj files now are updated to the 2008 version of MSVC
Express (my development environment). If you want to keep compatibility with
MSVC 2005, someone with that environment needs to take the old project files
and sync them with the current llvm files.

TODO

Not all llvm subprojects have a corresponding .vcproj. Notably msil, ia64 or
other examples than Fibonacci doesn't have it. It is very simple to add it,
following the model of the current projects in solution, but I don't want to
make these now.

Razvan