[LLVMdev] Python bindings available.

Gordon Henriksen gordonhenriksen at mac.com
Tue May 13 00:52:20 PDT 2008

On 2008-05-13, at 02:12, Mahadevan R wrote:

>>> That's not how the object works...
>
> Gordon, I think I can make it work if we have the following additional
> function in LLVM-C:
>
> LLVMModuleRef LLVMGetModule(LLVMModuleProviderRef MP) {
>  return wrap(unwrap(MP)->getModule());
> }

Can I ask, how general is your solution? I only intended to use this
particular example as a proxy for the general problem of interaction
between GC and manual memory management being complex. Will you
require changing your Module bindings if another kind of object can
take ownership of a Module?

> Do you think you could add that? Can I send you a patch?

Certainly.

— Gordon