[LLVMdev] Size and performance figures for LLVM?

Pertti Kellomäki pertti.kellomaki at tut.fi
Mon May 12 02:59:12 PDT 2008

I gave a short presentation on LLVM for a couple of
people here, and they had questions I could not immediately
answer. The questions are rather obvious, so I'm hoping that
someone has already found out the answers. So here we go:

1) What is the relative size of LLVM bitcode files and the
    corresponding native binaries? Are there significant
    differences between targets (e.g. x86, ARM, Thumb,...)

2) What is the relative performance of code generated by LLVM
    and gcc respectively?

I am not looking for exact answers, rough ballpark figures
are quite sufficient.
--
Pertti