[LLVMdev] Vector code

Matthijs Kooijman matthijs at stdin.nl
Thu May 8 12:38:49 PDT 2008

Hi Nicolas (at least, I suspect your signing of your mail with "Anton" was not
intentional :-p),

> I assume that's the same as the online demo's "Show LLVM C++ API code"
> option (http://llvm.org/demo/)? I've tried that with a structure containing
> four floating-point components but it also appears to add them individually
> using extract/insert. Maybe I have to try an array of floats...
Did you turn off the link-time optimization flag (or something like that)? If
not, the compiler will optimize things like small structs away (though a
struct of more than 3 elements should not be scalarized directly AFAIK...).

Gr.

Matthijs