[LLVMdev] Path to AutoRegen.sh

Alexandre Machado axmachado at gmail.com
Wed May 7 10:57:38 PDT 2008

Hy, Tanya

> Some comments:
> - Please follow the developers policy for making patches:
> http://llvm.org/docs/DeveloperPolicy.html#patches

OK. My fault here. Will check some of your observations and resubmit.

> - I think if we are going to upgrade, we should totally switch to 2.6
> instead of allowing both. This will make diffs easier to read when people
> regenerate the configure script.

Agree... but we must be sure if it does not brake anything. I'm running
out of time with the current project, but, after it finishes, can look
to.

> - Did you read autoconf/README.txt? Were there no changes to the m4
> macros or configure.ac?
Well... at least there where no changes in macros used by the sample
project. But, if we are meant to migrate the whole LLVM to 2.6, I need
to investigate it further.

> - You should also regenerate the configure script as part of this patch.

Ok.

> - Does libtool also have to be upgraded?
Don't know. I'm using 1.5.24, but don't know if it will work with other
versions. It's another think I need to check.

> - Lastly, I think we should postpone applying this patch until after the
> 2.3 branch creation. I'm leary of making tool changes so close to the
> release.

Agree. Sent it just because, as a beginner with LLVM, it was a pain to
start a new project in my environment, and I know there are a lot of
other ubuntu users out there, but it's not necessary to hurry.

> -Tanya

Thanks

Alexandre