[LLVMdev] Path to AutoRegen.sh

Matthijs Kooijman matthijs at stdin.nl
Wed May 7 09:26:59 PDT 2008

Hi,

I think I have quite an identical patch lying around somewhere here, but I
thought that the AutoRegen.sh was something someone wrote here in-house, so I
never bothered to send it somewhere.

I do remember someone saying (on this list) one should really not use another
version of autoconf, but in my experience 2.6 works just as fine for building
an addon project (but perhaps not for rebuilding the entire llvm project).

The read errors are caused by ubuntu using dash instead of bash as the default
sh implementation, which does not assume REPLY when no variable is given.

Lastly, you might want to submit the patch by running diff -u, the diff you
generated is rather hard to read.

Gr.

Matthijs