[LLVMdev] Compile programs with the LLVM Compiler as a gsoc project

Sean Soria soria at ucla.edu
Sun Mar 30 23:32:15 PDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 10:26 AM, Török Edwin <edwintorok at gmail.com> wrote:

> If this tool could be a drop-in wrapper for CC/CXX, it would be
> excellent, since nearly every autotooled package could be tested this way.

How exactly do can LLVM be used with autotooled packages (with -emit-llvm)?
I've tried setting CC, CXX, CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS.  I usually can't get past
"./configure" because it tries to compile test programs to make sure gcc
works.  Adding the "-c" option allows it to compile but it outputs as
filename.o instead of a.out as the script expects.  Without the "-c" option
I get ld errors:
ld: Unknown command line argument '-m'.  Try: '/home/ssoria/llvm/gcc/ld
--help'
ld: Unknown command line argument '-dynamic-linker'.  Try:
'/home/ssoria/llvm/gcc/ld --help'
ld: Unknown command line argument '-emit-llvm'.  Try:
'/home/ssoria/llvm/gcc/ld --help'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status