[LLVMdev] Compile programs with the LLVM Compiler as a gsoc project

Kumaripaba Miyurusara Atukorala paba50 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 23:53:13 PDT 2008

hi,

This e-mail is written to involve some of the project ideas in LLVM in
GSOC this year.

I was looking in to the ideas mentioned under improving current system and
found the idea of "Compile programs with the LLVM Compiler" to be
interesting. I would like to compile one of the large code bases that have
not yet been compiled with LLVM and convert the build system to be
compatible with the LLVM Programs testsuite.

But I have several doubts to be clarified. They are listed below.

   - I would like to know whether this is a suitable project for GSOC?
   - What software has already been compiled with LLVM and what are not;
   so that I can identify the possible candidates for the project?

Thank you

Me:

My name is Kumaripaba Atukorala and I am a computer science and engineering
undergraduate [1]. I'm interested in compiler technology and have experience
in C/C++ and java programming [2].

[1] - http://www.cse.mrt.ac.lk

[2] - http://paba50.googlepages.com