[LLVMdev] Noob questoin on ExecutionEngine::create

Bernardo Elayda belayda at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 16:46:10 PDT 2008

Hello!

I'm using llvm v2.1 on FC8.  I'm having some trouble with the tutorial on
adding JIT.

I'm just trying to compile the following code:

using namespace llvm;
static ExecutionEngine *TheExecutionEngine;
static Module *TheModule;
int main(){
TheModule = new Module("my cool jit");
TheExecutionEngine = ExecutionEngine::create(TheModule);
}

I'm using the following command-line for compiling:
--
g++ -g test.cpp `llvm-config --cppflags --ldflags --libs core jit native

I  get an error that says:

The headers I'm using are the ones listed in the full code listing of the
LLVM Kaleidoscope adding JIT tutorial.
Is the tutorial wrong and the header correct or vice-versa?  Was the
tutorial not written for llvm 2.1 and above?

thx in advance!
-Bernardo