[LLVMdev] Hooking the global symbol resolver

Jonathan S. Shapiro shap at eros-os.com
Thu Mar 27 09:23:11 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-26 at 23:48 +0100, Óscar Fuentes wrote:
> "Jonathan S. Shapiro" <shap at eros-os.com> writes:
> My front-end is very similar to yours in the feature of the multiple
> instantiations on demand, etc.

Oscar: after you have a chance to read my recent reply to Gordon, would
you be kind enough to let me know whether you still believe the
situations are similar. Also whether you think that what I am looking
for is likely to be generally useful?

> Answuring your question, I'm not aware of any LLVM facility for what you
> describe. And if you find one, I would advise against using it.

I understand the argument for separation of concerns, but your last
sentence concerns me. Why would you recommend against using this kind of
mechanism if it exists?

Jonathan