[LLVMdev] Apple's GCC and .s/.S files in llvm-test (fwd)

Dale Johannesen dalej at apple.com
Tue Mar 25 10:08:58 PDT 2008

On Mar 24, 2008, at 3:18 PM, David Vandevoorde wrote:

> On Mar 24, 2008, at 5:40 PM, Dale Johannesen wrote:
> [...]
>>  I don't see a good way to do
>> full-line comments that works both if you run the preprocessor and if
>> you don't.
>

> Could you use "##" instead of "#"?

Pragmatically, that works (as I'm sure you know).   Digging into the
legalities of C99 I'm not sure that it's guaranteed to work, though.
Unknown directives actually match the "non-directive" case in the
grammar in 6.10; while nothing is said anywhere about semantics that I
can find, I'm not sure why gcc feels this should be a hard error at
all....