[LLVMdev] GCC Merge Coming Up

Bill Wendling isanbard at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 01:16:56 PDT 2008

Hi LLVMites,

There's going to be new LLVM-GCC merge with Apple's GCC 4.2 coming
up. If all goes well, this should happen tomorrow (Tuesday). I'll
have Tanya disable emails when I apply the patch so that you aren't
inundated with a bunch of messages. But I will send out the patch
afterwards as an attachment.

One of the main reasons for this merge is to get SSE4 support into
LLVM-GCC -- Nate Begeman already started adding support for SSE4 on
the code-gen side -- as well as testsuite improvements and other
general bug fixes.

This merge should go *much* more smoothly than the last merge -- it
could hardly be worse, right? ;-) I already did a test compile of
llvm-test with the patch and it compiled the programs without a
problem. Devang is currently testing it as well so that I have a
second opinion.

-bw