[LLVMdev] Proposal for a Google summer of code project for the Java frontend.

Ramón García ramon.garcia.f at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 01:10:12 PDT 2008

I would like to see the code of your front end.

I started working with llvm-java, since it was what was available. It
does not run yet (small compilation issues, almost done),
but the design seems fine. It can run (when setup complete) small
pieces of Java code, but no real application, since it does
not support exception handling (jsr/ret bytecodes) yet,nor garbage
collection. Implementing these pieces would be the purpose
of this summer grant request.

A Java and CLI front end would be really interesting. What missing
features could I implement? I can start preparing a proposal.

Ramon