[LLVMdev] llvm-gcc 4.2 in Xcode

Christophe Avoinne christophe.avoinne at laposte.net
Sun Mar 9 01:58:13 PST 2008

Yes, I know. It's just when I see "happy", "Apple" and "iPhone SDK" on
an Apple employee's mouth here, I felt a strong urge on the spur of
moment to express my discontent towards Apple people who think they
should make us buy their iMac just to be able to code freeware
applications on iPhone. I've been waiting for so long time until an
official SDK is released and finally you get : "no, guy ! you cannot !
you must be an Apple geek !".

@Mike Stump (mrs at apple.com) : Just for your information, I'm in Europa.
Here in France, iMac are very expensive for what they are. Anyway,
that's a very selfish and rude way for you to tell us : "if you really
want to code some iPhone applications, just buy an iMac. $600 is
nothing". You know what ? 600€ is NOT $600 (apparently the price for an
old model and second-hand). Worse, the usual price I can find here is
above 1000€. Not only that, for each model I can see, it is too much
expensive for what its hardware is. I don't know how much money you earn
but don't think people here can afford an iMac at the same price you can
afford in USA. And the real point is : people shouldn't be forced to buy
an iMac only so they could code iPhone applications.

You don't need to answer, I was just ironically acknowledging Chris
Lattner's annoucement. I'm not expecting for Apple to change their
politics by my action here anyway.